//end headline wrapper ?>
Get a daily rundown of the top stories on Urban Milwaukee
MADISON – Today, Senator Melissa Agard and other Democratic legislators sent a letter to Vice President Mike Pence calling on him to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office following the riots orchestrated by his supporters in Washington D.C. yesterday.
Senator Melissa Agard (D-Madison) released the following statement:
“Today, my colleagues and I are calling on Vice President Pence to invoke the 25th amendment after the events that took place in our nation’s Capital yesterday. What we saw yesterday was insurrection. Rather than accepting the results of the election, extremists broke into the Capitol and attempted to overturn the results of a free and fair election. Those responsible must be held to account under federal law.
“Every leader in our nation must stand up and acknowledge that this is the moment to draw a line in the sand and remove President Trump from office before further damage is done. Because of his dangerous rhetoric, lives were put at risk and lives were lost. We cannot continue to allow this President to spew lies and conspiracy theories to incite violent acts against dedicated public servants and the general population.
“My colleagues and I support the Democrats in Wisconsin’s federal delegation who have called for the removal of the President. The actions we witnessed this week, and for the past 4 years from this President, put this beyond question.”
- Senator Agard Sends Letter to Vice President Mike Pence, Calling on him to invoke the 25th Amendment – State Sen. Melissa Agard – Jan 7th, 2021
- Attemptive Coup by Trump Supporters Failed – Milwaukee Democratic Socialists of America – Jan 7th, 2021
- Tiffany, Fitzgerald Object To Some Biden Electors – Shawn Johnson – Jan 7th, 2021
- DAGA & Democratic Attorneys General Respond to the Attack on the U.S. Capitol – Democratic Attorneys General Association – Jan 6th, 2021
- Desperate Republican Attempt to Retain Power Spurs Attack on U.S. Capitol – A Better Wisconsin Together – Jan 6th, 2021
- Supervisors Denounce Anti-Democratic Coup Attempt in Washington D.C. – Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors – Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Condemns Insurrection at U.S. Capitol – State Rep. Robyn Vining – Jan 6th, 2021
- Statement on Political Violence in Washington D.C. – Dr. Shandowlyon Hendricks – Jan 6th, 2021
- Sheriff Earnell R. Lucas Statement on the Breach of the U.S. Capitol Building – Earnell Lucas – Jan 6th, 2021
- Sen. Larson statement on treasonous U.S. Capitol mob in support of Pres. Trump – State Sen. Chris Larson – Jan 6th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here